Tuesday 1 December 2015

Timed Assessment -My partners final hair design.


 
 
I recently completed my timed assessment for my partners contemporary Elizabethan design. I feel that this assessment went very well and I was surprised at how well I created my partners design and how fairly easy I found it. Me and partner had met up prior to the assessment a few times to practice outside of practical sessions, this was important for me as the model my partner had chosen had very thick long hair which took a while to style, so practice was vital for me. The first time I practiced the design during a session I found the design quite intimidating as it is a very beautiful design with lots of different textures and shapes. Although I found the design intimidating I tried my best to create my partners vision I felt this was more successful then I expected.
The length of my models hair was something I struggled to work with when creating my partners design, as it took longer to curl, back comb and style into a plait then someone with shorter hair. Due to this I came in earlier with my partner and her model so that I could prepare the hair before the assessment, although by the time we were in the assessment the curls in the hair had fallen out. Although this is something that I found very difficult to work with in practice sessions, I managed to work fine with it in the timed assessment. Something I was also worried about prior the assessment, was making sure the hair would stay in the shape  of two buns I had to create consisting of curls. During practice sessions, Helen advised me to use a crimping technique in the roots of my models hair to avoid the hair falling once styled into the buns and also so that the hair held more volume as my models hair was very soft. I created the design by sectioning, curling, back combing and crimping the hair, forming the hair into a plait and two buns, then adding gold glitter spray and a gold crown.I even managed to hide the remaining hair and clip wrapped around the end of the plait I created so It looked neater, any time I had practiced this prior to the assessment it had never worked.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 






No comments:

Post a Comment