Tuesday 1 December 2015

Working on a model instead of a Katie Head.


In todays practical session with Lottie, we got the chance to create and practice any style we wanted to on our partners hair. I decided to use my peer; Tonya's hair as she was had really long and thick weave installed into her hair which I thought would be interesting to play with as the Katie Doll has quite short hair. I aimed to curl the whole of her head and then form the hair into a Elizabethan bun shape with padding. I started by parting the hair into two sections from the centre of her head, sectioning the hair into small parts so I could curl a nice amount of hair individually. At first I felt quite intimidated to do this as I had never worked on a model before and only a dolls head so this was completely new to me. Using the babyliss curlers I began curling strands of her hair and then clipping it straight after wards to maintain the curl; Lottie had demonstrated this in a previous lesson.

I felt fairly confident after a while of curling quite a lot of her hair, but began to realise that the length of her hair was making it very difficult to curl the hair in a quick pace. Unfortunately, I was only able to curl half of Tonya's hair as it was very long and thick. Lottie came and observed the work and technique I had practiced and said that the curls I had managed to create were good and made with the right technique, but agreed that as the hair is so long it is more time consuming to style what I wanted. If I was to redo this hairstyle I aimed to do with Tonya as my same model, I would estimate first how much of the hair would be showing once formed into a Elizabethan bun and then after knowing this I would only curl certain parts of the hair that would be showing the most. I feel this method would be less time consuming and also allow me add curls after forming my desired shape if needed. Annoyingly, I forgot to take an image of the outcome of the hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment